My Ma didn’t come with an instruction manual! I’ve been caring for my Ma for the last few years. With each new health issue or problem I encounter I search for answers… I have not always been successful in getting answers and have ‘Googled’ my little heart out trying.
Unfortunately some health issues I’ve only learnt about the hard way. So, I decided to write about my experiences in caring for her in the hope that other carer’s may find the answers they’re searching for in my experiences. If I can help anybody else in their journey in caring for their loved one this blog will be worthwhile
I will be writing posts on:
- Urinary Tract Infections and the elderly: why all the confusion?
- Incontinence and the search for the perfect pad!
- Anaesthetic and delirium: why don’t they tell us about what to expect?
- Tips for making sure things run smoothly (or as smoothly as they can)
- Juggling work, caring and A LIFE!!
And many more…
These are just my experiences and what I have learnt along the way.